Our strategy is based upon our desire to maximise returns for our shareholders. Each of our business units is tasked to deliver against an overall business plan and is focused on delivering our strategy. In doing this, we have identified a number of measures that are important to the success of the business as a whole through which the Board and Senior Management measure performance.
Group Strategy Description
For more than 110 years Halfords has been synonymous with travel.
Today our vision is clear - to be first choice for customers' life on the move. We will achieve this by being Committed to Making Customers’ Journeys Better.
We are the UK’s leading retailer of motoring and cycling products and a leading independent operator in garage servicing and auto repair.
Many of our brands and product categories hold number one sales positions; however there are clear opportunities to grow market share segments within key segments.
Our strategy is named Moving Up A Gear and has 5 key pillars:
- Putting Customers in the Driving Seat - investing in customer data and insight capabilities to maximise the lifetime customer value
- Service in our DNA - embedding the focus on customer service
- Building on our Uniqueness - exclusive products, relevant innocation and unique partnerships, such as our new collaboration with British Olympian and Tour de France winner Sir Bradley Wiggins
- Better Shopping Experience - a seamless customer experience, online as well as in store
- Fit for the Future Infrastructure - moving from fixing the basics to improving efficiency and fulfilment
To protect our shareholder interests we will:
- Maintain our leading retail positions and take market share within key segments
- Source the best products and launch exclusive ranges
- Provide well-trained, friendly and knowledgeable service expertise
- Provide real value solutions
- Leverage our core capabilities in the retail sector
- Increase multi-channel penetration
- Maintain an efficient balance sheet across the financing cycle
Halfords - For Life's Journeys